Toyin Saraki, Anike Lawal, Lanre Adeloye, others set to speak at 2017 Social Media & Healthcare Conference
On Wednesday October 11 2017 at the Landmark Center in Lagos, the Founder of the Wellbeing Foundation Africa, Toyin Saraki, who is also the wife of Nigeria’s Senate President, Bukola Saraki, will deliver the keynote address at the 2017 Social Media and Healthcare Conference organized by HealthNewsNG.com in partnership with Informa, organizers of Medic West Africa Exhibition and Conference.
Interested participants can register here.
Speaking on this year’s conference, Paul Adepoju, Managing Editor and CEO of HealthNewsNG.com said this year’s conference aims to stimulate conversations on how Nigeria can leverage on digital health to improve the healthcare of pregnant mothers in the country.
“While developing the agenda for this year, we realized that Nigeria has to start tapping into its expanding mobile space. There are more people connected than ever and this has brought about great improvements in banking, education, commerce and agriculture. We want to see how we can apply this to reduce maternal mortality and improve access to healthcare for Nigerian pregnant women in Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan and across the country,” Adepoju said.
The organizers also announced that in addition to Mrs Saraki, other speakers will address critical issues in the country’s health sector.
The 2017 Speaker Faculty includes the following experts:
- Anike Lawal, Founder, Mamalette
- Babatunde Adewole, Communications Executive, Lagoon Hospitals, Lagos, Nigeria
- Boade Akinola, Snr Special Assistant to the Health Minister on Media, Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja, Nigeria
- Lanre Adeloye, CEO & Co-Founder, Babymigo
- Dr Onyedikachi Ekwerike, Founder, Post-partum Support Network Africa
- Rebecca Ojedele, Project Coordinator, African Radio Drama Association
- Taofik Oladipupo, CEO, Vanguard Pharmacy
- Toyin Saraki, Founder, Wellbeing Foundation Africa
- Dr Victoria Adepoju, Medical Doctor, Babcock University Teaching Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
- Paul Adepoju, CEO, HealthNewsNG.com