Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac F. Adewole has approved the suspension of more NHIS officers
This afternoon, HealthNewsNG received an official statement from the health ministry announcing that the health minister, in furtherance to the activities of the investigative panel of inquiry and the desire to have an uninterrupted and robust investigation of all petitions at the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), including Security reports on maladministration and mismanagement by officials of the agency, has approved the suspension of the following officers:
1. Mr. Olufemi Akingbade – General Manger, Zonal Coordinator South- South Zone
2. Mr. John Okon – General Manger, Finance Account
3. Mr. Yusuf Fatika – General Manger, Human Resources and Administration
4. Mr. Shehu Adamu – Assistant General Manager, Audit
5. Mr. Vincent Mamdam – Assistant General Manager, Head Insurance
6. Mr. Safiyanu Attah – Senior Assistant Officer, Marketing
7. Mr. Owen Udo Udoma-Senior Manager, Contribution Management
8. Mr. Innocent Abbah- Senior Assistant Officer, Planning Research and Monitoring.
According to the statement, the suspension is “in order to pave way for thorough investigation”. The statement added that the Hon. Minister urged the committee to “remain focused, fair and transparent in the discharge of this National task despite the sensation this development has generated”.
In what appears to be against the recent directive of the National Assembly that the suspended Executive Secretary of the NHIS, Prof Yusuf Usman, should be reinstated, the minister said the Acting Executive Secretary of the NHIS, Attahiru Ibrahim should “ensure the immediate implementation of the suspension order”.
It would be recalled that Usman was suspended by the minister over allegations and petitions.