We train prospective health journalists through our media internship program, we are now receiving applications
We are seeking a talented intern who thrives in a busy environment with bright and congenial colleagues who use communications to help make the world a better place.
As an Intern at HealthNewsNG.com, you will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct research and develop content for communications projects.
- Use digital platforms for outreach campaigns, including Facebook, blogs, Twitter and more.
- Measure and evaluate social media activity and conversations
- Draft basic media outreach materials such as news stories, background briefings, fact sheets, opinion pieces and letters to the editor.
- Attend events
- Pitch health media stories.
- Copyedit and proofread reports, grant proposals and media materials.
We find cover letters and resume boring. Instead, send us an email describing yourself with emphasis on what makes you unique.
While this is an unpaid internship, we are happy to provide stipends to cover running expenses in addition to several other benefits.